Saturday, December 20, 2008

Quick Lunch at Mishima


I ducked into Mishima today and ordered a tanin-don, which basically means beef bowl. They offer all kinds -- shrimp tempura, pork katsu, curry... the list goes on. I usually get a bowl and udon set, but those always send me straight into a food coma and I still had some errands to run (plus, I've got plans to have sushi tonight!), so I kept the ordering to a minimum. The tanin-don also came with miso soup, which was very warm and didn't taste like it was from a packet.

I love Mishima, though their parking lot can be a headache at peak hours. But, today I was in early around noon, so there were several open spots. It looked like a couple of the other shops went out of business, so maybe parking is a bit easier these days.

Mishima
8474 W 3rd St # 108
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 782-0181

No comments: