Thursday, October 23, 2008

Penne with Mushrooms and Tomato Sauce (As Promised)


I had a helluva week. I developed a hacking cough, stayed home sick one day and have been drinking more tea than I can last recall. I am on the mend, but still dread bedtime because I never know if my body is going to betray me and cause me to cough intermittently through the night. Tonight, I felt well enough to make dinner.

I hope that the penne will fortify me to kick this sorry cold in the ass. I hadn't taken Robitussin in many years, but I did the other night and it was very unpleasant. I had to use sour patch kids as a chaser (note: using a chewable "chaser" is not the best way to get the vile medicinal taste out of your mouth). Anyway, stay healthy and remember to wash your hands often as the cold/flu season seems to have arrived!

No comments: