Tuesday, October 14, 2008

More Susina and the Cheapest Visit to Canter's Ever

If I like a place, I will go back. Often. Susina and I had a separation period for months (no reason in particular), but now we are closer than ever before. Over the weekend, I popped in for a quiet place to read a new book (I circled the aisles at Borders for an hour before settling oddly on a Sue Grafton mystery bargain book) and just zone out. Well, they turned out to be quite busy, but still I was able to get some decompression time in.

I initially chose this apple flaky thing to have as dessert, but my quiche took a long time (I had to remind them about it), so I ate the apple thing first.


I love buttery flaky pastries, don’t you?

A cup of coffee. I like the mugs at Susina.


My spinach quiche arrived looking a bit burnt on top, but it had a nice toasted cheese taste if that makes sense.


Moving on to Canter’s.


Now, I don’t understand the people who stand in really long lines for free ice cream, frozen yogurt, etc. Like, you are giving up 2 hours of your life for a free item that would normally cost you $2? But, tonight I decided to go to Canter’s for their 60th anniversary special: a 60 cent corned beef sandwich. This price is truly remarkable since I think the sandwich is usually $13 or $14. We opted for take-out and were probably in line for only about 15 minutes or so.


A 60 cent corned beef sandwich and Freaks and Geeks made for not a bad Tuesday night.

Susina Bakery
7122 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 934-7900

Canter's Deli
419 N Fairfax Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036
(323) 651-2030

2 comments:

lkbernstein said...

Library Marie, library!

Marie said...

Leslie, I'm sorry to tell you that I am currently not using the library due to my emotional issues regarding a stressful car battery incident! I also have late fees, which I fully intend on paying whenever I no longer view the library property with extreme suspicion.