Sunday, January 4, 2009

Natalee Thai

Needing a quick bite to eat before heading to a showing of Australia, I stopped in at a place I used to go much more often before discovering Thai Town: Natalee Thai. This restaurant is not a destination for those seeking an authentic Thai meal (for example, they have a sushi bar), but there are some good items on their menu and they allow you to split the bill without complaint (now, if I could find a place like that in Koreatown).

I got their wonton soup, which is a favorite of mine. It has plump shrimp in delicate wonton skins, bokchoy and a garlicky broth:

I also ordered spicy monsoon noodles with beef, which is rather greasy for the faint of heart. I liked that the beef was slightly charred due to its sweet marinade. And can we agree that flat noodles rule?


A nice solo lunch, though I have to admit, I had to pick up an americano afterwards to settle my stomach (those noodles are probably best as a once-a-year occurrence).

Natalee Thai
10101 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90230
(310) 202-7003

No comments: