Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mimosa Restaurant


Before my birthday bar outing, I stopped into Mimosa, a little French restaurant I had been curious about for ages but never quite curious enough to stop in. After seeing their menu on their website, I decided steak frites would be a lovely way to kick off a boozy night.


Hanger steak with shallots

I was pretty pleased with my meaty dinner. The shallots were in a tangy sauce, which was unexpected and made me slightly wary, but it ended up working well with the steak. The frites were just like any other fries, although I did appreciate they were not mushy or undercooked. I was this close to ordering creme brulee, but decided against it.

They've got a 3 course dinner for $35 and considering one of the first course options is french onion soup, I will probably go that route next time around. Another potentially interesting option is their bouillabaisse, which is a dish I haven't had yet in life. Also, once the nights warm up a bit, I think it'd be very Parisian to sit at one of their outdoor tables in front (although admittedly, Beverly is not very picturesque).

Mimosa Restaurant
8009 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(323) 655-8895

No comments: