Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ess-a-Bagel

Ess-a-Bagel
A classic New York moment: eating an excellent bagel. At Ess-a-Bagel, each bite of my toasted everything bagel with scallion cream cheese had the perfect balance of crunch and flavor, proving that simple pleasures are often the best. Although it was not my first New York bagel, I had forgotten just how good these things are. Of course, I had to think to myself: why bother in LA?

Now, if I’m being realistic, I will choose to have a mediocre bagel soon because carbs are irresistible, even subpar versions. I will comfort myself by remembering this shining moment, though.

Ess-a-Bagel
31 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 980-1010

359 1st Avenue
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (212) 260-2252

2 comments:

K and S said...

that looks fabulous!

Marie said...

Kat: It was! Thanks for stopping by!