Monday, August 18, 2008

BBQ Beef Patties and Heirloom Tomato Salad

Dinner tonight was bbq beef patties (a hodgepodge of lean sirloin, red peppers, a serrano pepper, Worcestshire sauce, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper) and a heirloom tomato salad. The patties were a bit of a miss, but I liked the tomatoes a lot. Inspired by Adam's post, I added the following to a bowl of heirloom tomatoes: red onion, cilantro (which I have more of than needed due to succumbing to seller pressure at the farmers' market), red bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Next time, I will buy ground beef with more fat and probably go for Asian flavors. I don't know why I thought I'd like bbq sauce in there; I like bbq as much as the next Southern person, but more in combination with the other good stuff (coleslaw, baked beans, sweet tea) than by its lonesome. But, hey, I made dinner, which is rather unbelievable considering it was a Monday.

No comments: